Muslim Foster Network is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and so we can send you communications about Muslim Foster Network that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
1. What personally identifiable information does Muslim Foster Network collect from me?
For instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on your browser, please see www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
2. How does Muslim Foster Network use my information?
Muslim Foster Network uses the information we collect about you to help understand more about how our site is used and so we can send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
• In general, you can visit this site without telling us information about yourself.
• When you donate, register online, contact us, or interact with us in any other way, MFN may sometimes receive personal information about you, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, debit or credit card details.
• If you use your credit or debit card to donate to us, we will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. You can find out more information about PCI DSS here.
• In certain instances, we collect and use your personal information by relying on the legitimate interest legal basis. This is because when you, for example, request to receive services from MFN, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your personal information to respond to you and there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information for this purpose.
• In most instances, however, we will rely on obtaining your consent to our use of your personal information. This is the case, for example, where we seek to obtain your consent to receive email marketing.
• Email/SMS marketing: If you actively provide your consent to us along with your email address and/or mobile phone number, we may contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message. By opting in, you grant us the right to contact you for marketing purposes.
• Post/Telephone marketing: If you have provided us with your postal address or telephone number we may send you direct mail or telephone you about our work unless you have told us that you would prefer not to receive such information.
3. Who is collecting my information?
• We use your personal information to give you the information, support, services, or products you ask for.
• We use your information to gain a full understanding of your situation so we can develop and offer you the best possible personalised services.
• We use your information for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies or to ask you for feedback.
• We may use your information to send you communications about our work and how you can help us to help you, for example, information about our campaigns and activities. You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01274772381.
• We may combine your information with other information (for example, from public records or on social media) and create a profile of your interests and preferences. We do this to help us determine whether and in what ways you might be interested in helping us or getting involved in our activities.
• We use your personal information look into, and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
• We use your personal information to claim Gift Aid on your donations if you opt in.
• Some non-personally identifiable information may also be used for the following purposes
(a) Marketing statistical analysis
(b) Customer admin and support
(c) Technical admin
4. With whom does Muslim Foster Network share my information?
As a general rule, Muslim Foster Network will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. Muslim Foster Network does not sell or rent user information to anyone.
5. What is Muslim Foster Network’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to Muslim Foster Network. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that Muslim Foster Network maintains about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at email@example.com with the details.
6. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
When you give Muslim Foster Network personal information, it may be stored and processed outside of the UK and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Muslim Foster Network cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Third party websites
This website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by MFN. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
We use information derived from cookies in order to:
• compile statistics on how our website is being used, which can help us to improve our website and online services.
• facilitate users’ ability to navigate through the website.
• ascertain whether the website is operating effectively.
• personalise and improve the service we offer you by understanding your preferences and establishing which areas of the website are most relevant to you.
Third party cookies: We also use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisement about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Managing cookies: In your web browser you can control which types of cookies you allow. You can turn cookies on or off using your browser’s settings. You can also delete cookies and clear your browser’s cache (history).
If you’re under 16 years of age
If you’re aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information on the website.
Your right to Personal Information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to request us to erase your personal information, request us to restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information.
Should you wish to exercise these rights we require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer, Mercy Mission, Faith Centre, Oakwood Court, Bradford BD8 8JY. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records.
Where you have provided your consent for our use of your personal information, you always have a right to withdraw your consent at any time.
It is always your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work and the ways you can get involved. If you do not want us to use your personal information in these ways, please indicate your preferences on the form on which we collect your personal information.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted by us for such purposes. However, we may retain your details on suppression lists to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
You can opt-out of receiving direct information from us at any time. Simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your updated communication preferences or call 01274 772 381.
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated May 2018.